Business answering service companies help monitor appointments, as well as take care of the more traditional recording of messages. From medical answering services to after hours telephone services for other service providers, it is important to make sure that contacts are easy and manageable. Finding the right business answering service, of course, is a combination of careful planning and frequent updates. Live answering services, for instance, allow patients to get all of the questions and concerns that they have answered any time of the day and night.
For patients who have scheduled surgery, medical answering services can send out prerecorded phone calls or provide scripts for nurses as they provide the needed information to patients. Follow up phone calls from the patients have to also be handled efficiently. Given that 79% of consumers prefer to interact with companies by phone compared to other options, means that these phone services are very valuable.
In a time when customer service seems to be lacking, answering services can help bridge the gap. And while everyone might desire the opportunity to make sure that they talk to someone in person, it is important to provide either a live answering service or a recording system so that every patient or client feels cared for.
Consider some of these statistics about the options that a answering service company can provide and the concerns that these systems can address:
- Businesses are losing $62 billion a year because of bad customer service, according to a 2016 Forbes report.
- 75% of customers indicate that they would prefer the option to be called back rather than wait on the line.
- 80% of people indicate that they will hang up on a business if they hear a voicemail.
- Empathy and emotion are the two elements essential to the customer service experience that heavily scripted calls can eliminate. Having the option to customize these messages, or go off script, can make calls more successful.
- At 69%, telephone customer service has the highest satisfaction compared to other online customer service channels, according to Forrester.
- Having their problems resolved quickly, is the number one thing customers are looking for when they call contact centers.
Finding the right kind of answering service can help your large or small business stay in constant contact with your customers and clients. Answering service companies provide a variety of plans that can be even further customized to make sure that these services meet the needs of specific companies.