This is the big weekend.
After months of preparation, you are ready for the biggest fall craft festival in the area. With hundreds of vendors, though, you have now realized the importance of having the right kind of product display ideas. Although you know that the hand designed dish towels and fabric garland that you sell is popular, with so much competition at this particular fair, you have to make sure that your signage attracts the customers to your booth. With a well staged plan for floor standing sign holders and clear price tag sleeves, you hope that your marketing will be even more successful than your products.
Although some stores and some vendors have exceptional products, if they do not have those items displayed in such a way that these items get noticed, the customers may not stop at all. They may not stop to see the uniquely designed pumpkins that are perfect for centerpieces. They may not notice the beautifully hand sewn vintage holiday aprons. They may not notice the fabric chained garland that you have available for every holiday. In fact, without the proper use of product display ideas, including tiered display racks and acrylic display risers, customers in a crowded craft fair may pass your booth by for another space that is more strategically merchandised.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the importance of marketing and the role in plays in today’s economy:
- 86% of consumers will pay more for a better experience, according to a 2011 report.
- 77% of consumers will go to a store to shop, even though a majority of shoppers will use their smartphones to do initial research on a product.
- 60% of purchases in a store can be classified as impulse purchases, many of which are directly affected by marketing choices.
- Marketing research indicates that full priced merchandise performed 18% better with signage than without.
- 16% of unplanned purchases were due to a display noticed while shopping, according to a 2014 Mass Merchant Study,
- Who should I call after a car accident? 911? My insurance company? An attorney?
Whether you are a new crafter trying to make your way into the fall craft market scene or you are a veteran retailer with years of experience in selling merchandise, the right product display ideas can help you be more successful.