The end of one season and the beginning of the next is a major transition. From the clothes that you have in your closet and put on as you head outside to face the elements to making sure that your home’s heating and cooling systems are adequately prepared, there are many things that you need to do to be ready when fall turns to winter or spring turns to summer.
In addition to the many individual tasks that property owners have to address, there are also a number of ways that cities and companies get ready for the change of season. In addition to the glitzy lights and decorations that are a part of many cities getting ready for the next season, there are also some important, but far less glamorous tasks that must be addressed. In many cities, as soon as the majority of the leaves have fallen in the fall, for instance, road sweeping services get to work. At the end of spring, as well, these same road sweeping services tackle any loose gravel that might have been thrown on icy patches earlier in the winter.
In addition to the use of street sweeping services that are used on public roads, there are also fleets of parking lot cleaning services that help private businesses make sure that their properties are looking as good as possible.
When Was the Last Time You Hired Sweeper Trucks to Clean You Company’s Parking Lot?
First impressions matter, and parking lot sweeping services can help the areas around your commercial space look their best. In addition to keeping things looking great, these street and parking lot sweepers can collect debris that otherwise would enter the city’s water supply. Consider some of these facts and figures about the advantages that regular street, parking lot, and sidewalk cleaning can have:
- If not sweeped up an properly disposed of, run off pollution from roads and highways can include heavy metals and pesticides that will find their way into public water sources.
- Street sweepers allow for the collection and removal of leaves, paper, and other visible debris that can collect in the curb gutters.
- Minimizing pollutants in stormwater runoff, effective street sweeping programs can remove several tons of debris a year from city streets.
- Runoff from urbanized areas is the leading source of water quality impairments to surveyed estuaries, according to the most recent National Water Quality Inventory reports.
- Many people consider exterior cleanliness to be as important as interior cleanliness. so it should come as no surprise that well maintained parking areas and sidewalks are key to attracting customers.
- Playing a fairly significant role in the economy of the nation, the street sweeping machine manufacturing industry in the U.S. has generated an estimated $283 million of revenue.
As we approach the weekend when it is time to turn the clocks back, there are many home owners who take this as a signal to change the batteries in their smoke alarms and fire detectors. Likewise, this may be the perfect time for businesses to make sure that invest resources to get their outside areas cleaned and spruced up for the next season. Hiring parking lot or road sweeping services is one of those important tasks that can help your business make the best first impression.