When you use outdoor signs like banners and billboards, you can attract more customers and clients. As many as 35% of all consumers say they rely on a business’s signs to find their location. Nearly 18% of the people who wander into Best Buy stores around the country say they that seeing the sign is what inspired them to go into the store. This kind of advertising has a lot of impact and can be very effective is is also very cost effective. Outdoor advertising has been shown to be 80% cheaper than ads placed on TV, 60% cheaper than ads in the newspaper and 50% cheaper than ads you place on the radio. Here are some tips to help you when working with banner printing companies to make the most of your banner sign.
Tips to Help You Work with the Banner Printing Companies and Develop the Best Sign for Your Business:
- All of your signs need to have the same messaging. Every piece of marketing materials and advertising reflects upon your brand. You need it all to have the same messaging. Form the text and images on your signs to the language you use on your webpage, it all has to work together and advance your brand. The same is true for your banners.
- Work with the banner printing company to develop the best format. You have several options to select from. You can go with a vertical or horizontal design or you can talk to the commercial printing companies about different shapes. One thing to consider is where you are going to place your finished banner. Are you placing it across a street? Will it be mounted on the side of your building? All of this makes a difference in what your banner design should be.
- Get the right size banner. When you are working with banner printing companies, you will find that you have a lot of sizes to pick from. You need to work through what you hope to accomplish with your banner and talk to someone who is an expert in custom printed items and you can come up with the right size banner for your needs. A lot of this depends on where you will place the banners. If you want to grab people’s attention for a new product or grand opening, you should probably go with an oversized banner. They can also generate a lot of buzz.
- Use simple and contrasting colors. You banner should not have a million colors and be too busy, You should pick some simple colors that contrast with each to get your point across. One should be bright and the other dark. This will make is easier for your text to be read. Play around with the colors you are using on your banner. Many banner printing companies will show you a mock up on the computer so you can work with them on the colors to get them right.
- Keep your fonts simple. Your banner should not be the place for fonts with curly cues or overly ornate fonts. Simple, sans serif fonts are the easiest to read and most effective. Put empty space between the lines of your text to make it even easier to read. You only have a short amount of time to get someone’s attention so passers by cannot read your banner because your font makes it hard to read, you are wasting everyone’s time and your money.
- Make your text short and sweet. Just like your font needs to be simple, so does your text. In fact the shorter you can make it, while still getting your message across the better. People who walk or drive by your banner will only spend a handful of seconds looking at it.
- Use great images and graphics. Do not make your banner too cluttered. If you put a logo or graphic on you banner, make sure it adds something and looks great. You still want to have a lot of “white space” (empty areas) on your banner to make it all look better and be easier to read.
Banner advertising can be very effective for letting people know where you are what you do.