Are you passionate about chocolate and all things sweet? Do you own your own sweet shop and make your own confections? Are you looking for new or better ways to package up your products to get them in from of customers’ eyes?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then custom packaging could be the answer you’re looking for. Custom packaging can be designed and sized specifically for your products and if you’ve got a company logo, then that logo can be put on different types of packaging from chocolate candy bags to chocolate packaging to packaging for other types of candy.
There’s no doubt that people love candy of all shapes, sizes and flavors and if you make your products, that’s just another feather in your cap that you can use to highlight your business. But along with that, it’s important to get the right kind of packaging. Whether you know it or not, staying on top of packaging trends in your line of work. It can be challenging, even difficult, but it’s important because it can make the difference between success and failure.
You might have the best chocolates in the world, but without the right chocolate candy bags, you may be horribly underselling just how good your products are. You want your chocolate candy bags and other chocolate packaging to communicate quality, value and just how much better your confections test compared to competitors or even against national brands. To separate yourself, here are five packaging trends you need to be aware of:
- Eco-friendliness: These days, many companies are all about reducing waste and being more eco-friendly. That doesn’t mean your chocolate candy bags need to vanish into thin air when customers are done with them, but a few simple steps can help you reduce your businesses’ carbon footprint. If you’re shipping items over long distances, consider using clear pouch bags or even bottles, which way considerably less than glass and aren’t as taxing to ship. By using some form of eco-friendly packaging for your sweets, customers will have a better experience, you’ll likely have fewer shipping issues and less downtime.
- Portability: These days people seem to be on the go more than ever. That means when they stop into a shop like yours, they likely only have a few minutes to look around and they’re looking for something they can easily carry and take with them. To accommodate those busy schedules, offering smaller, more portable packaging can make some of your items best-sellers. Portable candy packaging allows customers to stash sweets in a bag, a backpack or a purse and go on with their day. They are also easier to open and reseal, so customers don’t have to feel obligated to eat their treats right away.
- Standing out: One way to stand out from the crowd is to use packaging to your advantage. If you’re looking to add a little flash to your packaging, you could consider using holographic paper or just keeping things simple with basic colors and some creative imagery such as a logo.
- Convenience: Approximately 85% of customers have indicated in surveys that their purchasing decisions are informed by reading the packaging for a product as they shop. On that note, when it comes to packaging your different sweets and confections, you want to offer convenience packaging. This is one of the biggest current packaging trends and with good reason. Packaging like pouch bags, stand-up packaging, lightweight packaging and easy to open packaging not only make life easier for customers, it can make them more intrigued in your products.
- Use bulk packaging: If a customer comes in to your store and buys a bigger box or bag of chocolate, you want to make sure the packages are both easy to open and easily resealed. If customers are spending the money, they want to be sure they’re getting the most for their buck.
By paying attention to and embracing packaging trends, you can show customers how great your products are and make your sweet shop the talk of the town.