Cleanliness is incredibly important in certain industries, such as in the restaurant industry. In the restaurant industry, the ability to avoid food contamination is incredibly crucial and a safe food prep environment can even make or break the overall success of the restaurant. But before we can discuss potential cleaning measures, it’s important to understand just what we’re up against.
To start, we must understand the three basic groups of contaminants seen in a restaurant environment. The first is that of biological contaminants. Biological contaminants include various microorganisms, such as any bacteria found in the food or on the surfaces which said food is being prepared. It is through biological contaminants that many a food borne illness is spread.
The second type of common contaminant classification is that of chemical contaminants. Chemical contaminants are particularly tricky, as they typically come from any cleaning residue that has been left over on the surfaces on which the food in question is prepared. Cleaning is, of course, hugely important in any restaurant kitchen (or any kitchen in general, for that matter), but it’s critical to use the right cleaning products and the correct cleaning methods, as this can reduce the likelihood that chemical contamination will occur.
Finally, we have physical contaminants, which tend to come from working in a less than clean environment. Physical contaminants will include just about any object that can be seen with your eyes, such as dirt and hair. Not only are these things hugely unappealing when found in food, but physical contaminants are also likely to garner a restaurant quite the negative reputation if they are found frequently by customers.
Unfortunately, food borne illnesses are all too common throughout the United States. From take out places to dine in restaurants, many people of all ages end up contracting food poisoning over the course of any year. In fact, one sixth of the population of this country will suffer from it at some point throughout the next twelve months.
Typically, food poisoning is not dangerous, simply an uncomfortable nuisance for a time period of 24 hours or so. However, in some people, such as the very young or the very old, it can lead to other complications. In addition to this, most people will understand that food poisoning is quite back for business as well, as it paints the restaurant in question in a negative light and casts doubt onto the quality of the food. Fortunately, a sparkling clean workplace environment can be maintained through the use of a dry ice cleaning service.
The dry ice cleaning service has been around for quite some time now, as dry ice blasting itself first came to be back in the year of 1955. It’s a method of cleaning and polishing that is actually quite successful at cleaning in a safe and thorough way, and there is likely a dry ice cleaning service readily available in your area. A dry ice cleaning service is likely to be one of the best forms of industrial cleaning not only because of how effective it is, but because it creates no secondary waste as well. In fact, dry ice cleaning has been found to be incredibly environmentally sound in the grand scheme of things.
Unfortunately, other cleaning solutions are less so by quite a significant margin. While a dry ice cleaning service won’t leave behind any residue that you don’t want in your home or place of work, many cleaning solutions will. In fact, many cleaning solutions will not only prove to be a risk for potential food contamination, but will actually contribute to the overall air pollution of a space as well, something that should of course be avoided at all costs.
Of course, certain care must be taken when utilizing any given dry ice cleaning service. After all, a dry ice cleaning service will use carbon dioxide. While this gas is typically harmless, it can become dangerous when it is used in high volume in close quarters that have a considerable lack of ventilation. In fact, even a five percent concentration of carbon dioxide can lead to headaches, and much larger concentrations will become much more serious – and quickly, too, if you don’t get fresh air right away.