Is flying in your blood? Do you love the freedom what comes with being in the air, perhaps flying your own chopper?
Studies have shown that within the last 10 years, civilian helicopter ownership has increased by almost 40%. There are thousands of helicopters in use in the United States, whether you’re talking about military helicopters or civilian helicopters.
If flying is one of your passions and you always wanted to buy your own helicopter oh, it’s more than possible to do so. But before you do its best to consider all that’s involved with owning a plane. You might have ideas about taking trips with family and friends or even flying your chopper yourself. Will buying a helicopter is done after some thorough research and not just on a whim. If you’re going to buy a helicopter, here’s how to do it the right way:
- Look at your budget: if you’re serious about buying a helicopter, you need to find one that fits your needs and your budget. You want to look at how our helicopter handles and weather, whether it’s a single engine or twin engine helicopter and whether you can actually afford it. Depending on what you’re looking for and a helicopter, they can range anywhere from $350,000 to $2 million. You can look into companies such as Sikorsky, which have twin engine models and lots of speed and cargo space.
Again, it all comes down to meeting a budget you can get a helicopter with all the bells and whistles, but you want to make sure you can afford it. Also keep this in mind when you’re looking at refurbished helicopters. You might be able to find one for cheap, but you also might spend a lot of time making alterations.
- Check the specs: As you research different helicopters, use that research to look at a specific model to see whether it is for sale. Maybe you’re in the market for a Sikorsky helicopter. Fortunately, many websites and print Publications list dealers, private Sellers and other ways you can look into helicopters that are for sale. Once you found a model you like, you want to get all the information you can on it. That means getting a look at it up close, getting a maintenance summary, are getting a damaged history and a log of how long your model has been active just to name a few things.
- Get help: as previously mentioned, buying a helicopter isn’t easy. It can get even harder when you’re comparing helicopters and trying to decide which one will work best if you’re having trouble comparing different models of helicopter, it’s best to find a service center or an agent that can really break things down for you.
- Buy it properly: once you’ve done all your homework oh, it’s time to negotiate buying your helicopter. The better inform you are in the more you know about what you want to buy, the better you can negotiate favorable terms. You’re likely going to have to negotiate and draft a Helicopter Purchase Agreement which ways are all the terms and conditions of what you’re buying.
- Enjoy: there’s no doubt that the process of buying a helicopter can be quite lengthy, but once it’s finished it’s time to enjoy your helicopter. You worked very hard to get to this point and to be able to buy the helicopter so take time and enjoy your new ride.
If you go with a company like Sikorsky, you’ll be thankful to know that there are many places where you can find spare parts Sikorsky for your plane. Sikorsky actually maintains global Sikorsky spare parts inventory for both military and commercial helicopters. That means when you need spare parts Sikorsky, you can find helicopter parts in a lot of places. Sikorsky claims to process more than 50,000 shipments annually to more than a thousand customers all over the globe, so when you need spare parts Sikorsky, there are more than a thousand Sikorsky parts suppliers who can get you what you need. An Internet search of “spare parts Sikorsky” can point you in the right direction.