In today’s ever-changing world, businesses are looking for ways to grab a customer’s attention, keep it and then get that customer to purchase their product. One of the best ways for companies to do that is by creating an effective logo.
Think about all the well-known logos on products you buy every day. Whether it’s Coca-Cola or Doritos or Starbucks or McDonalds, these companies and products are instantly recognizable and how millions of customers. Some folks may see a logo as nothing more than a recognizable symbol, but in today’s business climate a logo is a way for companies to stand out from their competitors.
When you boil it down, a logo is the visual representation of a company’s brand; something customers can recognize, but also associate with quality and a good product. But what is it that makes a logo so memorable? Oftentimes, it boils down to simplicity of design, rather than over-the-top creativity.
Let’s say you own a small business like a coffee shop and you’re looking to create a logo to put on everything from paper coffee bags to chocolate packaging to tea packaging to coffee mugs. Here are five tips for creating the perfect logo:
- Stand out: The most memorable logos are ones that stand out. When you think of a company like Apple, you think of the bitten apple logo, but also about computers and electronics. You want something that uses a unique shape or a distinct color combination or even a creative font. The right combination of uniqueness can work in your favor.
- Use the right colors: There’s nothing wrong with being unique and choosing a different color combination, but you also want to make sure those colors work for you. Colors after all can really make a logo stand out by giving it a bright visual. Bold colors can grab a customer’s attention, but muted colors can speak to a company’s sophistication. These days, every color represents different traits and emotions I.e. purple evokes royalty and spirituality. Using the right color combination can evoke the right feelings you want associated with your brand.
- Know your brand: One of the worst things you can do when you set out to create a logo is to not have a clear vision of what you want your company to represent. After all, a logo is the visual face of your brand and you should look to create something that accurately represents your company and also speaks to your target audience.
- Choose the right logo: Another question you need to ask during the creation process is what kind of logo works best for your company. If your company has a unique name, you can essentially create something brand new. For more generic logos, there are ample choices to pick from such as a mascot logo, a lettermark, a combination mark, an emblem logo and a pictorial mark to name a few. Once you pick the right template, you can customize it in a way that works for your business.
- Create something long-lasting: Whether you’re talking about paper coffee bags, spice packaging, tea packaging or even pet treat packaging, you want a logo that’s going to stand the test of time. It’s easy to follow trends in logo design, but ultimately you want something that’s going to stand up and make your company recognizable for decades.
In a crowded world of all kinds of businesses, creating a memorable and long-lasting logo is a must. If you’ve got a coffee shop, creating a memorable logo for your paper coffee bags, mugs and other food packaging can make a world of difference. It’s been found that 85% customers indicate their purchasing decisions are made by reading a product package while shopping. By taking time to design and incorporate a logo for paper coffee bags and your other items, you’re helping customers associate your brand with deliciousness and quality. With a creative and memorable logo, you can turn your neighborhood coffee shop into the hot spot in town.