The electronics industry continues to dominate many of the holiday Christmas lists across the country. From the funny looking little monkey computers that are selling like hotcakes to the latest releases of cell phones, tablets, and laptops, prototype circuit boards are the basis of every piece of technology that people have added to their holiday wish list. In fact, quick turn PCB research and development is at the basis of many of the things that we use on a daily basis. From the remotes that run our televisions, unlock our cars, and start our indoor gas fireplaces to the televisions that we watch in the evening, the products that we use are a result of product development that relies on quick turn PCB assemblies.
Because PCB design and layout is so essential to product development, in fact, manufacturing companies need to have access to a fast and affordable prototype PCB manufacturing. With the help of a company that can provide the needed PCBs, companies can find faster, smaller, and more accurate ways to improve their products. For these reasons it should come as no surprise that the global printed circuit board market will continue to grow. In fact, it is projected to reach an estimated $72.6 billion by the year 2022.
Even though printed circuit boards have been used for years, plants that manufacture them continue to find ways to improve the products they make and the speed at which they are produced. Did you know, for instance, that over the last 30 years these boards have even been integrated into the traffic lights that direct us when we go to and from work every day.
Consider all of these facts and figures about the worldwide PCB market:
- A hybrid circuit and an integrated circuit, also called an IC or microchip, are the two other types of circuit assemblies that are related to the printed circuit boards.
- Surface mount PCBs are up to one-tenth the size of circuits that are mounted with the through-hole.
- Used for 16 Mil pitch and below and for Micro BGA’s, framed stencils have smooth aperture walls and are a popular format.
- Performance problems from environmental stresses or problems caused by the manufacturer during the production process are the two factors that can be linked to PCB failure.
- PCB design services continue to develop newer and more efficient technologies that allow customers to reach their research, development, and production goals.
What electronic gadgets are on the list of gifts that you are giving this year. Even though these items may look very different on the outside, they all have one thing in common on the inside: they all rely on quick turn PCB technology to run.