If you are looking for metal, you have a number of options. More and more often, companies are turning to tungsten carbide for their needs. As a consequence, tungsten carbide hard scrap materials are also becoming more and more available. Here are some reasons you may want to use tungsten carbide hard scrap materials for your project:
- It is very strong. When you are working on a project that needs strong metal, you need look no further than tungsten carbide suppliers. It has been said that this kind of metal is much stronger than titanium. Some estimate that it is about four times stronger than titanium. Often tungsten carbide is combined with titanium to create a super strong metal.
- It is versatile. When you are looking at tungsten carbide hard scrap materials, you should know that you have a variety of options. There are at least a dozen of grades for this kind of metal. That means, you can find the right metal for your specific project or application.
- The versatility goes beyond projects. When you are looking at materials for something you need to make or buy, you have a number of options with tungsten carbide that include different finishes and shapes you can get. You can get whatever style you are looking for with this material. You can get the shape you are looking for as well. When you are looking for a material that can come in the style, color and shape you want, you need not look further than tungsten.
- It is hard. Diamonds are considered to be the hardest material on the planet. When you look at tungsten carbide, it is important to note that it has a Moh’s hardness scale rating between 8.5 and 9. Diamonds have a rating of 10. If you are looking for a material that is hard, you cannot go wrong with tungsten carbide. If you are looking for wedding rings, tungsten can be a great choice along with diamond engagement rings.
- Tungsten carbide is very durable. You may assume that because it is hard and strong, it is also durable. That is accurate. Even when you use tungsten carbide hard scrap materials, you are getting a very durable material. Two products that are often made from tungsten carbide scrap are different kinds of jewelry. There is a whole wedding ring industry that depends on tungsten heavy alloys. When many couples make the comparison between tungsten and gold, they find that tungsten is a lot heavier. It takes a lot more work to bend or damage a tungsten ring.
- It is hard to scratch tungsten. There is a reason that there are so many uses for tungsten carbide hard scrap materials. It is extremely hard to scratch it. As great as platinum and gold are, it is not hard to scratch them. The ability to not be scratched is what makes it such a popular option for couples getting married. These rings will not need to be buffed later. These rings will last and pass the test of time.
- Tungsten comes at affordable prices. This has to be a factor in whatever project or product you are looking for. You can go with tungsten carbide hard scrap materials but even if you use other newer tungsten, you are going to see that this is a very affordable option. A great quality product for an affordable price is always going to be a very good thing for everyone.
Tungsten is a very interesting material. It was discovered in 1781. The uses for industry that this material has were not recognized for about 150 years. There are only four times when tungsten is found naturally. It can be combined with iron, manganese and calcium. The binders that are most often used with this material are nickel and cobalt.
When you are looking at metal materials, there are a number of options that are available. The beauty of tungsten carbide is that it is strong, durable, versatile and stands up to a lot of wear and tear. Because of this, getting tungsten carbide hard scrap materials can bring the costs associated with it down. All of this makes it a very attractive material.